Varsity Strategic Management Ltd. recognizes the need for security and privacy and has a mandate to continuously strive to improve the security infrastructure of all its systems, including our clients' access to their account information online at our custodial partners and service providers.
A mandatory feature of any web banking or information viewing link available through our website is the use of a secure site certificate. This ensures that all communication between your computer and our server is protected using 1024 bit level encryption.
Our Web Server SSL Certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates the identity of our Web site to visiting browsers and encrypts information for the server via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Encryption is the process of scrambling data into an undecipherable format, or ciphertext, which can only be returned to a readable format with the proper decryption key.
A certificate serves as an electronic "passport" that establishes an online entity's credentials when doing business on the Web. When an Internet user attempts to send confidential information to a Web server, the user's browser will access the server's digital certificate and establish a secure connection.
A Web Server SSL Certificate contains the following information:
- The certificate holder's name,
- The certificate's serial number and expiration date,
- Copy of the certificate holder's public key,
- The digital signature of the certificate-issuing authority.
Access to our web banking facilities:
- Is available only to authorized individuals.
- Requires a login id assigned by ourselves.
- Requires a password of a minimum length known ONLY to the client.
- Requires that cookies be allowed in your browser.
- Will time-out after 20 minutes of non-activity detected.
We do not collect or display any personal information about clients when they access our secure web site. However, we collect and store certain information automatically for our own security records including:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the domain from which you access the Internet (i.e. 123.456.789.012).
- Date and time you access our site.