Varsity Strategic Management does not directly provide investment services to its clients. VSM can refer clients to an appropriate Investment Advisor or managed money program or we can work with your current investment professionals. Investment Management services vary widely in terms of their complexity, risk, potential return and the fees that are charged. VSM assists clients with monitoring the effectiveness of their investments, the risk level and the appropriateness of the fees being levied.
- Conservative in nature with capital preservation being our first priority.
- The construction of an "efficient" global asset mix entails maximizing the return on a client's portfolio within a comfortable level of risk.
- Return is measured as a "managed account premium" above the risk free rate (T-bills).
- Focus on downside risk management as opposed to mean variance risk management.
- International clients require more than U.S. dollars. We monitor currency risk.
- The portfolios are monitored on a regular basis and reports are provided twice a year.
- We believe clients should be provided with an Investment Policy Statement ("IPS"), which sets out the investment mandate.
- Clients must provide VSM with relevant information on their investments through regular account statements and quarterly meetings/conference calls.